Re: [iwar] Duration of Cyber Conflicts

From: c.b r (fastflyer28@yahoo.com)
Date: 2001-07-09 11:07:38

To: iwar@yahoogroups.com
From: "c.b r" <fastflyer28@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 11:07:38 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [iwar] Duration of Cyber Conflicts

I still argue that IWAR-as we know it- can and will
only be used as in a weapon of low intensity or in
guerilla war situations.  Most likely, this is a
weapon of short duration, but significant impact for
properly utilied.  However, it seems to me that it is
best utilized as a weapon suited for terrorists.  The
amount of damaged it can inflict as well as our
ability to detect and deny the attackers entrance to
the targeted system is dependent  on the skill of the
weapons creator.

The only thing that will protect critical computer
infrastructure from any of these type of attacks in
both intensity and duration is having counter
exploitation capilbility built into the security that
protects the computor and will give chase to the
intrutuder.