RE: [iwar] Chinese IW-one more thought

From: e.r. (fastflyer28@yahoo.com)
Date: 2001-07-26 15:37:23

To: iwar@yahoogroups.com
From: "e.r." <fastflyer28@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 15:37:23 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: RE: [iwar] Chinese IW-one more thought

--- "e.r." <fastflyer28@yahoo.com> wrote:
> 6 American Presidents have worked with the Chinese and they have all
> been  "played" with ease.  If you approch any problem claiming to be
> the largest 3rd world country on the planet, you keep yourself below
> the radar screen. You claim to be non-threatening and you kick butt
> on
> trade, defennse and many other issues.  If you act defenseless,but
> are
> slick predators, you can become the Bad Boy Nation in Eurasia.
> Exporting weapons does help.  The US just looks at them as
> non-threatening, but what fools we are. They may only have a military
> that can act regionally, but in the diplomatic world, threats about
> Taiwan runs like good champaign-smoothly.  When will we  learn?

In the cyber world, the Chinese Secret Service runs a very effective
computer center in Bejing.  As we have seen on the net, their skills
are improving-with US trained scientists- and the situation can only
get worse.

In the South China Free Trade Zone-Canton, the US, Taiwan and now to a
lesser extent, Hong Kong bankrolls things. The dieconnect is, we are
supporting Bejings policies by doing so.  Democracy, I think not!
> \\
> \
> --- "Leo, Ross" <Ross.Leo@csoconline.com> wrote:\
> > It would appear that, once again, we have invited trouble in by the
> > front
> > door.
> > The only saving grace is that we taught them everything they know,
> > even if
> > they
> > are using in unintended or undesirable ways against us.   Combating
> > this
> > will
> > major paradigm shift to mount a defense ("knowing what your enemy
> > knows and
> > knowing his tactics").  What are the chances?
> >
> > AOL is good software?  Unbelievable!  This is most disheartening.
> >
> > Ross Leo

http://phonecard.yahoo.com/

Secure your servers with 128-bit SSL encryption! Grab your copy of VeriSign's FREE Guide: "Securing Your Web Site for Business." Get it Now!
http://www.verisign.com/cgi-bin/go.cgi?a=n094442340008000
http://us.click.yahoo.com/n7RbFC/zhwCAA/yigFAA/kgFolB/TM