Re: [iwar] Why Code Red is never going to Spread Exponentially

From: e.r. (fastflyer28@yahoo.com)
Date: 2001-08-03 22:55:22

To: iwar@yahoogroups.com
Cc: partners@7pillars.org
From: "e.r." <fastflyer28@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 22:55:22 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [iwar] Why Code Red is never going to Spread Exponentially

Nice to find another realist in the crowd.  Why have only a few people
scoffed off China as the creators of Code Red; the"Mother of all
Viruses". I am not buying the idea that China did it, indigeniously.
If the Chinese are that good, why is there OPSEC(operational security)
so bad. That is to say, if they were unaffected, and it was there bug,
they blew their own cover.  If it were there's, they needed to take
some hits-sound outraged at we "imperialist running dogs" for messing
with them.  Why didnt the Chinese engage in a small, but very effective
amount of "perception management".  I doubt it was because Jiang and
the boys were at a Yankees game in NYC.  ERGO, WHY and WHO remain
unanswered.  And, you won't find the answers in "big math".  Who dun
it? and why?  When the final repair bills are in, there will be lots of
zeros involved. Trival antics were not the point. Any ideas as to what
was?

e.r in DC

http://phonecard.yahoo.com/

Small business owners...