Re: [iwar] Code red variants in increasing numbers

From: John Heard (jheard@bey.com)
Date: 2001-08-05 09:39:02

Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2001 11:39:02 -0500
To: fc@all.net
From: John Heard <jheard@bey.com>
Subject: Re: [iwar] Code red variants in increasing numbers

I can confirm this across the board, we're seeing the same thing and we've
had to start reprogramming our monitoring systems as these hits have
started to overload them for requests for default.ida. I've got a feeling
this is going to get worse, there really needs to be a system in place
somewhere like that is used for spam to notify networks which machines on
their networks are infected so they can disconnect them till they remove
the virus. It takes a lot of time to manually try and track down each of
these and notify a sys admin.

Best regards,

John Heard

B  e  y  o  n  d    E  n  g  i  n  e  e  r  i  n  g
a division of CJ Group Inc.
Home of IP-Delivery.com and WordSpot.com
mailto:jheard@bey.com - http://www.bey.com
620.496.2682 voice - 620.496.2020 fax
1007 US Highway 54 West -   La Harpe, KS  66751  US