Re: [iwar] Article about a lack of leadership

From: e.r. (fastflyer28@yahoo.com)
Date: 2001-08-27 15:45:28

To: iwar@yahoogroups.com
From: "e.r." <fastflyer28@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 15:45:28 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [iwar] Article about a lack of leadership

NYT columnist, Maureen Douwd is now refering to SecDec Rumsfelf as
Rummy-he is not back from the future, he is moving toward answers from
the past. And the  undercarriage and landing gear on one b-2 is likely
worth $75 million alone. Sorry Tony. What a waste.

It was nearly laughable when earlier this week, Pres w. "demanded to
know who "red crack" was and that if the IWAR community was
responsible, that Code Red, Sir Cam and others never would have
occured.  "Can we say totally out of touch, Mr. President'.  If that
does not disconcert you, it should.

01 +0000, you wrote:
> >Government Computing News, August 22,2001
> >
> >DOD Wants To Engage The Future By Richard W. Walker and Dawn S.
> Onley,
> >

> [snip]
>
> >This is not to say that the outlook is entirely gloomy. Caldwell
> >pointed to the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet as a bright spot.
> >
> >"It's the biggest IT project ever funded by the federal government,"
> >he said, referring to the $6.9 million NMCI contract. "You can buy
> >half a
> >dozen B-2 bombers with that. It's a big shift to see that type of
> >funding and focus on creating a cohesive, collaborative network."
>
> That would have to be $6.9 BILLION.  You couldn't buy the landing
> gear for
> a B-2 bomber with $6.9 million.
>
> ___tony___
>

> Tony Bartoletti 925-422-3881 <azb@llnl.gov>
> Information Operations, Warfare and Assurance Center
> Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
> Livermore, CA 94551-9900

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

Secure your servers with 128-bit SSL encryption! Grab your copy of VeriSign's FREE Guide, "Securing Your Web
site for Business" and learn all about serious security. Get it Now!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/aihfLB/oT7CAA/yigFAA/kgFolB/TM