[iwar] news

From: Fred Cohen (fc@all.net)
Date: 2001-08-31 23:45:07

From: Fred Cohen <fc@all.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2001 23:45:07 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: [iwar] news

Domenici on NISAC: Today, Sen.  Pete Domenici unveiled a plan to
designate the Albuquerque-based National Infrastructure Simulation and
Analysis Center (NISAC) "as a national resource for research on the
protection of critical infrastructures around the country," says a news
release.  His Critical Infrastructures Protection Act of 2001 "would
make NISAC the designated research arm of the President's Critical
Infrastructure Protection and Continuity Board, soon to be initiated
through an executive order by President George W.  Bush.  'This bill
represents an important first step towards greatly increasing our
understanding of our nation's cyber and physical infrastructures and the
complex interdependencies among those infrastructures,' Domenici said.
...  'The complexity of these systems has already outpaced our
understanding.  This leaves us vulnerable both to intentional and
inadvertent damaging incidents.  The efforts of NISAC will leverage the
supercomputing capabilities and well-honed expertise in modeling and
simulation at our national laboratories to identify vulnerabilities and
find innovative solutions to ensure our nation is secure.'"
http://domenici.senate.gov/newscenter/record.cfm?id=3D178525

Secure your servers with 128-bit SSL encryption! Grab your copy of VeriSign's FREE Guide: "Securing Your Web Site for Business." Get it Now!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/n7RbFC/zhwCAA/yigFAA/kgFolB/TM