RE: [iwar] Today's events

From: Kohlenberg, Toby (toby.kohlenberg@intel.com)
Date: 2001-09-12 13:18:05

To: "'iwar@yahoogroups.com'" <iwar@yahoogroups.com>
From: "Kohlenberg, Toby" <toby.kohlenberg@intel.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 13:18:05 -0700
Subject: RE: [iwar] Today's events

I had the misfortune to listen to a couple minutes of Howard Stern
this morning. I know he is a "shock jockey" and not to be taken
seriously. However, to hear anyone calling for the complete
annihilation (including suggestions that nuclear weapons be used) of the
Islamic states is a disturbing thing. I want revenge as much as the next
man, but I've seen what happens when you step on an anthill- the hill is
crushed but many of the ants get away. In this case every ant that
got away would have even more reason to hate the USA and punish it.

The incorrect belief that we can "spank" (the term used on the
radio show) these countries hard enough that they will not do this
again is ridiculous and dangerous. I have a hard time seeing this as
free speach and not careless and dangerous actions by someone who doesn't
understand the potential consequences of their actions.

These are all my personal opinions and in no way reflect the views of my
employer.

Toby