RE: [iwar] re: terrorist piloting skills

From: John Sforza (jsforza@rochester.rr.com)
Date: 2001-09-12 20:36:17

To: <iwar@yahoogroups.com>
From: "John Sforza" <jsforza@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 23:36:17 -0400
Subject: RE: [iwar] re: terrorist piloting skills

Gee , well I forgot to mention my own DoD flight experience but I considered
this a civilian cut :-) However note the comment from government sources
that at least some of the hijackers (2 last I heard)  were US trained in one
of the most common areas for international flight education - Vero Beach. As
a matter of fact I taught Saudi and other international students there 20
years back - different school though. While I have significant awe for the
Microsoft product I think that actual flight training was a prerequisite for
this activity. On other matters, the FAA is headed for a political bloodbath
regarding ground and air security. Expect to see significant increases in
the usage of sky marshals and proposals for biometric activated pilot
authorization mechanisms and MUCH more robust cockpit doors and bulkheads.
I've been think of a dirigible revival........gracious........slow.

John  Sforza
ISRisk
716.230.3516 V
jsforza@isrisk.net <mailto:jsforza@isrisk.net>

Secure all your Web servers now: Get your FREE Guide and learn to: DEPLOY THE LATEST ENCRYPTION,
DELIVER TRANSPARENT PROTECTION, and More!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/k0k.gC/nT7CAA/yigFAA/kgFolB/TM