[iwar] [fc:Terrorists-vow-to-hit-Indian-nuclear-sites]

From: Fred Cohen (fc@all.net)
Date: 2001-09-13 06:28:37

From: Fred Cohen <fc@all.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 06:28:37 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: [iwar] [fc:Terrorists-vow-to-hit-Indian-nuclear-sites]

Terrorists vow to hit Indian nuclear sites

by Sharvani Pandit in New Delhi

Read the full story at http://www.rediff.com/news/2001/sep/12ter.htm

================
by Sharvani Pandit in New Delhi

Terrorist groups based in Pakistan have threatened to target nuclear and
military installations all over India in their bid to escalate their
separatist campaign, reports said.

Some half-a-dozen groups have dramatically stepped up their jingoistic
campaign since the failure of the India-Pakistan summit at Agra in July.
In the past fortnight, the threats have taken an ominous turn.

Sheikh Jamilur Rehman, leader of the Tehrik-ul-Mujahideen that is active
in Jammu and Kashmir, has vowed to attack Indian political leaders as
well as the country's nuclear and military installations.

He said the attacks would be carried out if India "does not cease
atrocities on Kashmiris immediately".

"We have a very effective network throughout India and nothing is out of
our reach," he said.

Lashker-e-Tayiba chief Hafiz Saeed said jihad would not be limited to
Jammu and Kashmir.  "There is no limit to it.  If someone is going to
stop us from carrying our mission, we will declare jihad against him as
well."

"We plan major operations against the Indian military installations in
Kashmir and would continue to carry such actions until liberation."

At a seminar organised by Al-Badr, separatist groups pledged to launch
large-scale attacks against sensitive Indian military installations and
target important personalities.

Hizbul Mujahideen deputy supreme commander Maulana Muhammad Javed
Qasoori has similarly threatened to extend military attacks throughout
India.

Secure your servers with 128-bit SSL encryption! Grab your copy of VeriSign's FREE Guide: "Securing Your Web Site for Business." Get it Now!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/n7RbFC/zhwCAA/yigFAA/kgFolB/TM