[iwar] [news]'It will be a big mistake for the Americans if they decide to use .....

From: Srijith.K (srijith@srijith.net)
Date: 2001-09-19 04:33:01

To: iwar@yahoogroups.com
From: "Srijith.K" <srijith@srijith.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 11:33:01 -0000
Subject: [iwar] [news]'It will be a big mistake for the Americans if they decide to use .....

Source:
http://www.tehelka.com/channels/currentaffairs/2001/sept/18/ca091801kh
aled.htm

'It will be a big mistake for the Americans
if they decide to use ground troops'

Khaled Naseer is a former mujahid who fought against the Soviet
occupation forces in Afghanistan and is currently based in Toronto,
where he runs a radio channel called Voice of Afghanistan. Naseer
spoke to Shamya Dasgupta over the telephone to give his views on the
imminent American attack on Afghanistan and the probable role of the
rebel Northern Alliance in the conflict

How do you see the imminent American attacks on Afghanistan?
To be honest, I am not sure yet whether the US will attack
Afghanistan. Nothing is concrete yet. A lot of answers are yet to
come in from both sides, and it is only after that that one can say
anything with certainty. But, yes, to be honest, I do feel that the
US might be left with no option but to attack Afghanistan eventually.
At the same time, I also believe that it won't make much sense for
the US to attack Afghanistan, because the people they are going
after - the Arabs, Pakistanis and the Taliban - have almost all fled
to Baluchistan. Thousands have crossed over from Afghan territories
in Kabul, Kandahar and Herat to Baluchistan already, and the people
that the US is looking for in Afghanistan have already left.

(...)