Re: [iwar] How can I keep up with this info?

From: Fred Cohen (fc@all.net)
Date: 2001-09-21 23:23:25

To: iwar@yahoogroups.com
From: Fred Cohen <fc@all.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 23:23:25 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [iwar] How can I keep up with this info?

We have a variety of automated collection systems - more under
development.  They feed into a system that runs on an internal web and
provides sequential feeds on subjects we are seeking out over time.
This combined with other 'push' feeds and learning where to look for
periodic updated provides the basic content.

We then review it and rapidly cull the ones relevant to the subject
matter at hand, forward them to the appropriate lists (iwar is not the
only one, but it is the only one you can sign up to right now) and off
they go.  We suppliment this with thoughts and comments as we see fit
and, if funding happens, write more thorugh investigative summaries on
select aspects of these issues.

Per the message sent by Ian Carter:

> What is the Secret Fred?

> ~~~~
> ~~~~

Ah yes...  This is because of other highly complex organizational
constraints.  I run non-standard everythings that are rigged to either
look like non-standard somethings or look like standard somethings of
different sorts than they actually are.

> Ah! Your a machine!

My syntactic and semantic processing capabilities are significantly
augmented by information technology and I try to improve that technology
with time.

> Phew!!.. and there I was getting worried about you!  :-)

Fear not, for I am alive and well and living on a beach somewhere using
my iPAQ under Linux and a satellite link to control the vast information
infrastructure I operate, control, or influence.

FC
--This communication is confidential to the parties it is intended to serve--
Fred Cohen		Fred Cohen & Associates.........tel/fax:925-454-0171
fc@all.net		The University of New Haven.....http://www.unhca.com/
http://all.net/		Sandia National Laboratories....tel:925-294-2087

Get your FREE VeriSign guide to security solutions for your web site: encrypting transactions, securing intranets, and more!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/XrFcOC/m5_CAA/yigFAA/kgFolB/TM