[iwar] [fc:Shiite.propaganda]

From: Fred Cohen (fc@all.net)
Date: 2001-09-25 16:12:10

From: Fred Cohen <fc@all.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 16:12:10 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: [iwar] [fc:Shiite.propaganda]

[Note: Fadlullah is the most important Shiite cleric in the region and
is the spiritual leader of HizbAllah.  In contrast to what he says,
HizbAllah is a terror group, on the State Departments list, and
responsible for many international crimes under the orders of Iran and
Syria.  - anonymized for your protection - FC]

In the Name of God, The Compassionate the Merciful Ayatullah Al Ozma
H.E.  M.  H.  Fadlullah delivered the following khotba (at the Imamain
Al-Hassanain ) Mosque Rajab3 , 1422h September 21, 2001 (Several
prominent religious scholars, dignitaries and thousands of believers
attended the Jumu’a prayer).  The First Khotba In the Name of God, The
Compassionate the Merciful The Shiites are those who help and love one
another

In the Name of God, The Compassionate the Merciful Worshippers of Allah
(SWT)…

Be pious in all you do and say.And Remember always that we have to fight
any wrong doing and take The Messenger (p.) and the Imams (a.s.) as our
role models in fighting against oppression.  Thus we ought to know who
these oppressors are and what are their plans and schemes.  The Intifada
in its Second Year

The Intifada which is about to enter its second year, has proven that it
is still going on in spite of all the pressures that followed the
American event that preoccupied the whole world, and gave Israel a
golden opportunity to launch several attacks on Palestinian cities.
Thus Israel, in addition to the brutal killings that were executed in
these attacks, is trying to portray the Martyr operations as similar to
the suicide operations in the U.S., to suggest that this the Islamic way
of confronting the civilized world, and thus trying to hold the Arabs-
the Palestinians too- responsible for the American event.

Then there was the American attempt to force the Palestinians to accept
a ceasefire under the influence of the atmosphere of the panic the
American Administration created in the region.  But the Mujahideen were
able to violate the rules of the American game and prove that the
Intifada will continue, because there is no other alternative but to go
on with the Struggle…

No for the American Plan

I would like to warn the Arab and Muslim countries against accepting the
American plan which aims at finding a solution to the Palestinian cause
by accepting the Israeli conditions, by trying to suggest that America
will pressurize Israel in return for the Arab alliance with the U.S.
against what it calls terrorism…Despite the fact that it would not give
the Palestinians much, especially that has to do with the Palestinian
national aspirations…

just as they did in the aftermath of the Second Gulf war when they took
the Arabs to the Madrid Conference that produced the Oslo agreement,
which packed the Palestinians in the Israeli corner.  We warn our
faithful Mujahideen brothers in Palestine against falling in this
new-old game, which aims at the fall of their liberation movement into a
maze of political negotiations…

We ask the Arab and Muslim peoples to continue their support to the
Palestinian people in this critical stage.  We also ask them to
pressurize their rulers so as not to give political concessions… This
Intifada–Liberation movement is the highest virtue that resembles the
pride of the nation in the present as well as the future.  It is a big
crime for anyone to try to put it off by any means.

America’s New War

Exploiting what it is now calling the war against terrorism for the sake
of all humanity, America is actually trying to restore its pride and
ability to intimidate the world.  It is threatening the small countries
that they will be isolated both politically and economically if they do
not join the coalition..  As for the big Powers that are already in the
alliance it is trying to intimidate them by saying that they will be
subjected to the same kind of “terror” if they do not get along with the
American plan.

America is waging a psychological war against the Arab and Muslim
nations flexing its military muscles in several regions and threatening
to strike Afghanistam and other countries, as well as an economic
blockade to the countries that do not wish to join the coalition.  As we
appreciate the position of the Western contries that tried to distance
themselves from the atmosphere of hatred against Islam, we believe that
this atmosphere has been initiated right after the fall of the Soviet
Union, when the NATO considered Islam as the new enemy of the West.
Therefore, the hatred we now see against Muslims and Arabs is a natural
result of the sociopolitical education in the West.

We should not fall under the influence of this psychological war.
America is not a fate that cannot be eluded.  The nations too have their
points of strength.  America might start the war, but this does not mean
that it will win in the end.  A storm might devastates many places ,will
destroy itself in the end.  Lebanon was a victim of terror

We in Lebanon, were the victims of a mad war that America had planned
for.We also suffered from several terrorist operations like the one in
Beir Al Abd where many victims fell as a result of American terrorism.
These operations were topped by the Israeli invasion that produced
several massacres especially that of Sabra and Shatila.  We should not
also forget the massacre of Kana.

All these Israeli massacres were committed with America supporting
Israel and hindering any condemnation for it in the UN.  It still
supports its terrorism against the Palestinian people, who is only
asking for his freedom.

Does America want the Arab and Muslim countries to support Israeli
terror against the Palestinians? Do they want the regimes to oppress the
peoples in the name of Combating terrorism.  For America considers any
one who opposes it policies a terrorist, as we saw when the new American
Ambassador in Lebanon described the Mujahidean in the Islamic Resistance
as terrorists.

We should adhere to our principles that enable us to differentiae
between terrorism and resistance.  And we should know that America is
practicing political economic and military terror against the Arab and
Muslim worlds.

We should say to America that it could not achieve a victory over what
it calls terrorism unless it stops its policy of oppressing the nations.

Because these policies are a fertile ground for producing violence that
may eventually turn to terrorist acts.

Pinpoint the right security solution for your company- Learn how to add 128- bit encryption and to authenticate your web site with VeriSign's FREE guide!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/JNm9_D/33_CAA/yigFAA/kgFolB/TM