[iwar] [fc:Unknown.group.Threatens.U.S..Interests.In.Yemen]

From: Fred Cohen (fc@all.net)
Date: 2001-09-25 16:20:53

From: Fred Cohen <fc@all.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 16:20:53 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: [iwar] [fc:Unknown.group.Threatens.U.S..Interests.In.Yemen]

From: ERRI AFTERNOON WATCH CENTER REPORT-ERRI Risk Assessment
Services-Tuesday, September 25, 2001-13:30EDT

YEMEN

From the ERRI/EmergencyNet News Watchdesk

Unknown group Threatens U.S. Interests In Yemen

In what it called possible retaliation for any military attack against
the Taliban in Afghanistan, a previously unknown Yemeni group has
threatened to attack U.S.  "infidel" targets.  In a statement, a group
calling itself the Islamic Army for the Liberation of Islamic Sanctities
- Yemen, said: "Let America and its allies know that they are facing a
force they cannot defeat and ...  that a crushing violent war will be
waged by several parties on several fronts, God willing.  The Islamic
Army has vowed to launch attacks and raids against all American and
colonialist targets and strike with an iron fist against all military
bases and crusader fleets in the region."

The statement could not be immediately authenticated and
counterterrorism experts said they have never heard of the group.  The
group(?) condemned unnamed Arab and Muslim governments for rushing to
offer help to the United States.  The statement added: "We announce
general draft among our ranks and appeal to every Muslim capable of
carrying a weapon to join the Islamic Army ...  and resist the forces of
infidelity, hegemony and arrogance in the world, and confront the
military crusade campaign that targets our religion, belief, wealth."

ERRI analysts said that the previously unheard-of organization, if one
exists, may have been created solely for the purposes of engaging in
propaganda operations.  "Certainly, radical forces have been issuing a
number of such statements in the past forty-eight hours...seemingly in
an effort to rally militant forces and attempt to intimidate America and
her allies," ERRI's Clark Staten said this morning.  "While we could not
exclude the possible creation of a new terror organization in Yemen
area, we have no record of this group taking responsibility for any past
terrorist acts...but, given the information we have today, this may
simply be an amplification of the message coming out of Afghanistan,"
Staten concluded.

Pinpoint the right security solution for your company- Learn how to add 128- bit encryption and to authenticate your web site with VeriSign's FREE guide!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/JNm9_D/33_CAA/yigFAA/kgFolB/TM