Re: [iwar] FW: Astrologer Predicts More Attacks on U.S.

From: Fred Cohen (fc@all.net)
Date: 2001-09-27 06:34:47

To: iwar@yahoogroups.com
From: Fred Cohen <fc@all.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 06:34:47 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [iwar] FW: Astrologer Predicts More Attacks on U.S.

I say post it.  I think it is fascinating to look at all views.

FC

Per the message sent by Mohammad Ozair Rasheed:

> I WAR for some? What do you say?

> Regards,
> Ozair

> http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20010926/od/astrologer_dc_1.html

> Astrologer Predicts More Attacks on U.S.
> By Narayanan Madhavan

> BANGALORE, India (Reuters) - A leading Indian astrologer who says she
> predicted the deadly attacks on the United States nine months ago says
> further strikes are in store -- but they will not be as devastating.

> And the United States will win out eventually.

> ``It (the United States) should be geared for some more assaults of this
> nature but not of this magnitude,'' Gayatri Devi Vasudev, editor of
> ``Astrological Magazine,'' India's best-known astrology journal, told
> Reuters late on Tuesday.

> She also predicted the ``U.S. will make (retaliatory) strikes'' for the
> September 11 attacks on New York and Washington that left 7,000 people
> dead or missing.

> She said the United States would ultimately triumph in its war on
> terrorism.

> ``Now they have attacked America and by doing that it has only woken up
> a sleeping giant,'' Vasudev said. ``And astrological factors are such
> that in the ultimate analysis in this war...they (the attackers) will be
> wiped out.''

> She said details of her forecasts would appear in the magazine's
> November issue, distributed in various countries including the United
> States, Britain and Germany.

> Her predictions in the magazine's January issue said, ``The
> retrogression of Mars, though favorable for the dollar initially, can
> produce quite contrary results later and also carry seeds of violence
> for the White House.

> ``Fundamentalist violence assumes violent proportions,'' the magazine
> added, while discussing events in the United States, saying, ``the
> Martian aspect of the eighth house holds forebodings of a grim nature
> and also a national tragedy.''

> ``This tragically came true. I wish it had not,'' said the bespectacled
> Vasudev, clad in a simple green sari in a room crammed with ancient
> texts.

> Suspected Islamic extremists hijacked four jets on September 11, ramming
> two into the World Trade Center in New York and one into the Pentagon
> (news - web sites) near Washington. One crashed in Pennsylvania.

> Vasudev's monthly, founded by her grandfather in 1895, is loaded with
> details of planetary combinations. It is not bedside reading but has
> avid followers in a country where astrologers are regularly consulted on
> everything from marriage to business.

> But astrology does not rule out free will, Vasudev added.

> ``Astrology does not endorse determinism,'' she said. ''Astrological
> patterns are only indicative.''

--This communication is confidential to the parties it is intended to serve--
Fred Cohen		Fred Cohen & Associates.........tel/fax:925-454-0171
fc@all.net		The University of New Haven.....http://www.unhca.com/
http://all.net/		Sandia National Laboratories....tel:925-294-2087

Get your FREE VeriSign guide to security solutions for your web site: encrypting transactions, securing intranets, and more!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/UnN2wB/m5_CAA/yigFAA/kgFolB/TM