[iwar] Comment on Canada article

From: DrewSchaefer@ftnetwork.com
Date: 2002-01-15 07:09:00

To: "iwar@yahoogroups.com" <iwar@yahoogroups.com>
From: <DrewSchaefer@ftnetwork.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 07:09:00 -0800
Subject: [iwar] Comment on Canada article

Don't think anyone sent to ObL a copy of Abbie Hoffman's "Steal this Book!", do you?

He described a 'try-this-at-home, kids!' way (back in 1968 or so) in which you simply take the male end of an extension cord (American two-prong), wire it into the right two wires of any landline phone (don't ask me which:  steal that book!), and then plug the cord into any wall socket.

He claimed the result of 110V in a 6V phone system "Would melt down the entire NYC system ..."

I haven't kept abreast whether phone systems are so vulnerable still, and I hesitated about even writing this, as in not wanting to promote such activities, but:

When you read in the Int'l Herald Tribune, once a week, another article offering something like: "We spoke to the head of Coast Guard operations in Long Beach Harbor, and he thinks a valid attack method would be to put a nuke inside a container, and then get that ship as close to a berth prior to detonation ..."

I mean SHHHHHeeeesssssshhhhh!

"Hey Osama, here's another American idiot giving us an idea!"

So now I join the club.  Take out the infrastructures of the US economy, and you don't even have to kill anyone to start another panic.

Cheers,
Drew

Message: 3