Re: [iwar]

From: e.r. (fastflyer28@yahoo.com)
Date: 2002-04-25 14:55:49

To: iwar@yahoogroups.com
From: "e.r." <fastflyer28@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2002 14:55:49 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [iwar]

 Michael: I would appreciate it if you would cease communicationg with me and please tell Ming the same.  I found this while dumping out old mail and frankly, all of the people whom you wanted to meet with and were going to have call me, either never did so, or called and-behaved as though this were espionage class. I was not negative concerning you with any of them as they are your friends, At present, I have no idea who you work for, what country is home, etc.  Under these circumstances, I felt it was legally not a very wise thing to pursue your proscribed ideas.
This system is not simply a home PC and I have been working with people at two of the national labs, and two federal agencies  in an attempt to help th US protect its critical cyber infrastructure primarily for the US national security community
It sounds as though your services are for sale to the highest bidder, or that you are one of the worlds first cyber merchs.
As I am protecting tickects and the sources and methods from which collection comes from, lets just shake hands and wish each other well.  I cannot impress upon you how important it is NOT to be aiding thrid party nations at present.I hope that you will not chose to either harm this country, or play loose canon consultant. It is a dangerous world out there. Do not start believing your own press and work for any third party nations.
good luck

  7Pillars Partners <partners@7pillars.com> wrote: I decided to venture off to Las Vegas in order to speak to the annual DefCon
convention.  I chose the topic of hackers and information operations, simply
because the hacker community is developing the capabilities, but not getting
a handle on intentions or structure.  Rather than have the hacker community
sucked into some weird vortex of thought that would be hostile (to individual
freedom, to national security, etc.), I thought some friendly education might
be in order.

The presentation is very 'lite'--a much-diluted version of what I train clients
in, but it still gets across the basic concepts.  Enjoy it, and obviously I
welcome comments, questions, flames, etc.

www.7pillars.com/papers/HackerIO.zip

Michael Wilson
Managing Partner, 7Pillars Partners
www.7pillars.com

HOW to SEE & RECORD EVERYTHING!
TINY Camera for Under $80 BUCKS! PRICE BREAKTHROUGH --> CLICK!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/w7toOC/.o6DAA/yigFAA/kgFolB/TM