Re: [iwar] Reflexive control underway...

From: e.r. (fastflyer28@yahoo.com)
Date: 2002-05-21 19:37:31

To: iwar@yahoogroups.com
From: "e.r." <fastflyer28@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 19:37:31 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [iwar] Reflexive control underway...

Tony- your words are right one the money.
 All that the bad guys need to do now is say BOO! and the nation retracts.  We have to gain perspective on what has been done vs what we think might be done.  They are very different things and if you let you the notion of an unthinkable futures, run your life, they bad guys have won already. Your "cry wolf" comment is right on the money.  And,  that self- destruct notion has an outside chance of becomming a self fufilling prophesy. If senior public officials continue to say ,"perhaps it will happen today", that feels right into the hand of the Al-Queda and their friends.

  Tony Bartoletti <azb@llnl.gov> wrote: At 05:10 PM 5/21/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>Here we go...
>
>Criticism for too few warnings brings too many warnings.  Too many
>warnings bring on the 'cry wolf' syndrome, brings on the increased
>national fear combined with ignored warnings and excessive spending,
>brings on the economic crunch, the silencing of 'radical' views, and we
>spiral down.  All the bad guys need to do is keep leaking information
>and we could seemingly self-destruct.
>
>What is needed is a systematic approach to national indications and
>warnings, not an ad-hoc approach manipulated by political crunches.  If
>they really wanted to do what's good for the US public, our servants in
>the administration and Congress would be talking to each other and the
>public, sponsoring proper systems analysis, and creating an improved
>system of national I&W instead of creating then hoisting jaugernaughts
>on the public.

If our elected officials really had the best interests of the public in
mind, and posited programs that would accrue real and long-term benefit ...
would they ever get elected?

Tony Bartoletti 925-422-3881 <azb@llnl.gov>
Information Operations and Assurance Center
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
Livermore, CA 94551-9900

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

Tied to your PC? Cut Loose and