RE: [iwar] Perceptions

From: Ian Carter (saladin@alltel.net)
Date: 2001-09-17 16:52:03

To: <iwar@yahoogroups.com>
From: "Ian Carter" <saladin@alltel.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 19:52:03 -0400
Subject: RE: [iwar] Perceptions

> I have recetly observed an interesting phenomena in the US media.  They
> are trying hard to declare George W.  Bush as some set of things that
> they seem to think will bolster his public and international standing.
> One report calls him 'down to business' while another asserts that he
> found his voice between Tuesday when he couldn't reassure the public and
> Friday when he read a speech at the National Cathedral.  Here are some
> of the quotes the US media is pulling out and hailing as leadership:

One thing I noticed last Tuesday (Early Wednesday for them) was that
Afghanistan started to get bombed and it hit the News quickly - but then
there was a total 'black out'. (Or I missed something).

It wasn't American Forces hitting them but nothing I saw said this
(publicly) - yet the US News suddenly stopped mentioning it and moved on...
Someone pulled the Media strings.

This you quote from media:

> 	"When I take action," he said, '[George W. Bush]' "I'm not going to fire
a $2
> 	million missile at a $10 empty tent and hit a camel in the butt.
> 	It's going to be decisive."

If it happens I will be very impressed.. I'm sure that many 'tents' conceal
underground installations so,, I think a few Camels will be hurt along the
way,, whilst aiming to hit the right 'tents'.

Personally - I don't care about George W. Bush (as a person).

I care about a Nation that is leading people in a direction for their own
good and well-being.. If that persona is the Media,, Presidential puppets,,
or Joe Bloggs in the street (or the President),, it does not matter to me
(as long as they are not deceiving anyone within their Nation, or the
Nation's aims for the good of the Country).

I'm a Brit residing in the US.
I may have different views on Politics, but Human Rights, Good and Evil,
Right from Wrong - I do know where I stand,, and I hope my home Country will
go all the way to support whatever that guy aims for,,, What's his name??
Oh - George W. Bush.. That's him :-)

Best Regards - Ian

Get VeriSign's FREE GUIDE: "Securing Your Web Site for Business." Learn about using SSL for serious online security. Click Here!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/LgMkJD/I56CAA/yigFAA/kgFolB/TM